1. Create your e-portfolio and then share it with your English teacher and with Mrs. Freda (see instructions in purple box to the below).
2. There will be a short lesson on Essential questions (See tab: THE BASICS). Think about essential questions you can use for your topic. What are you interested to know about it? There will be a form for you to jot down your ideas. Then you will have a few minutes to conference with your teacher about having your essential question(s) approved.
3. Select a non-fiction book from those that have been prepared for your class OR find one of your own choosing (with the teacher's permission).
4. Once your book is approved you may check it out.
You will learn how to create your own electronic portfolio (e-portfolio) and you will use it to organize all of your materials; and keep all of your projects together. Here is how to proceed:
1) Go to drive.google.com and logon to your account.
Click the red CREATE tab and then on FOLDER.
Name the folder My E-Portfolio - your name and click Create. It will appear on the left hand side of your screen.
Click on My Drive to see all of your folders.
- When you put your mouse over the name of your e-portfolio folder, a drop down arrow will appear to the right. You can click on the arrow for many options (for example: to share your folder, change the color of your folder, rename, delete, and more).
Click on Share. Down in the box that says Invite people, type your teacher's email address. Also share it with Mrs. Freda: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the right, make sure to select Can edit, so they can give you feedback.