2. If that doesn't yield results, click on Refine your search, and type in first name and then click Keyword instead.
3. You can also search by area of achievement. For example:
- If your person is an artist, you can search in the Art section.
- If your person is a writer, you can search in the Literature section.
- If your person is a scientist, you can search in the Science section.
- If it is a woman, you can search the books on women in history. And so on.
Type your term and click on the subject icon. You can then browse that section of the library for books that may contain your person. Use the contents and indexes (including set indexes) to find the information you want.
4. You may also search for Renaissance as a subject and then consult the contents and indexes of the books that come up to see if they contain your person.
6. For general background information, our SPECIAL REFERENCE SECTION contains the following:
- SPEC REF 031 BRI - Encyclopaedia Britannica - Use the set index.
- SPEC REF 031 BRI - Encyclopedia Americana - Use the set index.
- SPEC REF 031 BRI - World Book Encyclopedia - Use the set index.
720.9 WOR Who's Who in Architecture: an Illustrated History from Earliest Times
REF 103 ENC Encyclopedia of Philosophy
REF 121.4 NEW New Dictionary of Ideas
REF 500.2 ALB Album of Science: From Leonardo to Lavoisier 1450-1800
REF 509 SCI Science and Its Times (use Vol. 8 – set index – to look up your person).
REF 509.2 ALL Makers of Science
REF 509.2 REN The Renaissance and the Scientific Revolution: Biographical Profiles
REF 509.2 SCI Scientists and Inventors
REF 510 BRU Math and Mathematics
REF 510.92 Notable Mathematicians
REF 609 McG World of Invention
REF 700.9 ART Arts & Humanities Through the Ages: Renaissance Europe 1300-1600
REF 703 GRE Great Artists of the Western World
REF 703 RAT The New International Encyclopedia of Art
REF 709.2 FAC Facts on File Biographical Encyclopedia of Artists
REF 709.2 GAL Artists: From Michelangelo to Maya Lin
REF 720.92 PLA Macmillan Encyclopedia of Architects
REF 903 LAR Larousse's Dictionary of World History (the scope from earliest times to modern day)